NORTHGLENN, Colo. (CBS4) – There’s a new reminder for parents after a baby fell out of a second story window.
That baby survived the fall. It happened Monday evening at The Registry apartments in Northglenn. Rescuers said the child pushed on the screen and fell about 10 feet to the ground.
Firefighters called it a reminder for parents to be careful which windows they open.
“If your home has lower windows they should probably not be used for ventilation in the home, at least when a child is playing in room, use higher windows,” Wendy Forbes with North Metro Fire Rescue said.
The child was taken to a hospital to make sure there were no internal injuries.