Your Pipes Might Be Saying, Baby, It’s Cold Outside!

Make sure your house is ready for this latest blast from Winter.  Tomorrow, could be the coldest day seen in the metro area in 12 years.  I think even my coat will need a coat tomorrow.

Some pipes in your home will begin to freeze when the temp drops below 20 degrees–especially the ones that are exposed on the outside.  Protect them or you could end up paying hundreds (if not thousands) of dollars in repairs.

Tip #1:  Open up kitchen and bathroom cabinets to allow pipes to get some of that heat circulating in your home.

Tip #2:  Also, keep that thermostat at a warm temp; don’t allow it to drop down during the hours you are asleep; if you are planning travel insurance experts recommend you don’t drop your thermometer lower than 55 degrees.

Tip #3:   Let cold water drip from the faucets.  Remember dripping water can’t freeze

Comments

1. Nancy says:

Remind people to protect house plants by taking them off the window sill and putting them on a table away from the windows until it warms up.

2. glneal says:

Nancy,
    Thanks for the reminder. I will mention this tonight at 10p.
    Glo

3. BDAM says:

Get some of your money back from the insurance companys .And your house remodled for the cost of your deductable LET YOUR PIPES FREEZE

4. Renee Defibaugh says:

I cannot follow up Gloria. What she said. I must follow up my landlord. Landlord said closed window, can washer or dishwasher. If stuck pope freeze. Washer will spill on floor happen. No need cabinet. outside said too freeze. Facuet drip water my sink. Landlord said nothing say set up temperature or start fireplace. They want people decide. I am not on heating all day. When I go to sleep fur blanket cold become warm. Tomorrow Very cold. I will start fireplace. I am trying start dishwasher machine and let me see tomorrow.

1. Christipher Morimitsu says:

@ Renee….. What are you trying to say?

5. glneal says:

Thank you Christipher.

6. ralopez says:

how about the cars parking outside?

7. K G says:

Disconnect the water hose from your car and it should be fine …. Just sayin!!