APPLYING FOR AN INTERNSHIP WITH THE INVESTIGATIVE UNIT
To apply for an internship with our award winning investigative unit, you must fax or earth mail an application and the information below. An application must include the following:
- Cover letter
- Official transcript
- Letter of Recommendation from a professor, previous employer or academic advisor stating that the internship is for school credit
- Candidates must be academically a junior or senior in college
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Certificate of insurance from the university showing you are covered under workers compensation
We offer internship periods throughout the year. Exact dates for the duration of an internship will be worked out upon hire, but generally they are three months in length and three nine-hour days per week. Application deadlines are as follows:
- For Spring internship: January 1st
- For Summer internship: April 1st
- For Fall internship: August 1st
Working with the Investigative Unit at CBS4 will give you a unique experience that can only be achieved by working side by side with the seasoned professionals who make up our team. The main responsibilities of an intern are, but not limited to, the following:
- Shadowing/helping reporters and photographers on assignment
- Assisting producer with tip line calls, emails and letters
- Assisting with surveillance and undercover video shoots
- Completion of a final project decided by producer and you
- Any other duties that may be assigned as needed
An internship in the CBS4 newsroom is unpaid.
If you have any questions, feel free to call or email.
Attn: Libby Gardner Smith
1044 Lincoln St.
Denver, CO 80203