APPLYING FOR A NEWS INTERNSHIP
To apply for a General News Internship at CBS4 you must fax or earth mail an application to the information below. Emailed applications will not be accepted. An application must include the following:
• Cover letter
• Official transcript
• Certificate of insurance from the university showing you are covered under workers compensation
• Letter of Recommendation from a professor or previous employer
• Letter from a different professor than indicated above, or an academic advisor stating that the internship is for credit at the school you are attending
• Candidates must be academically a junior or senior in college
• Minimum GPA of 2.5 for Fall and Spring application, and 3.0 for Summer application
There are three internship periods throughout the year. They are Spring, Summer, and Fall. Exact dates for the duration of an internship will be worked out upon hire, but generally they are three months in length at three nine hour days per week. Application deadlines are as follows:
• For a Spring internship: January 1st
• For Summer: April 1st
• For Fall: August 1st
Applications received after these dates will not be accepted.
The main responsibilities of an intern are, but not limited to, the following:
• Shadowing/helping reporters and photographers on assignment
• Assisting the assignment desk in answering telephone calls, making follow up calls on stories, and any other duties that may be designated by an assignment editor
• Assisting producers, writers, and production assistants in the production of a newscast(s).
• Completion of a final project decided upon by intern coordinator and you
• Any other duties that may be assign as needed
An internship in the CBS4 newsroom is unpaid.
If you have any questions, feel free to call or email. Applications are accepted by earth mail and fax only. No emailed applications will be accepted. Thank you for your interest.
Attn: Libby Gardner Smith
1044 Lincoln St.
Denver, CO 80203
Libby Gardner Smith’s email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Phone (No. 1): 303-830-6464
Phone (No. 2): 800-444-5262